2008-12-16

How to Save Laptop Battery Power When You Really Need it


How to Save Laptop Battery Power When You Really Need it(3)


4.Creating Your Own Profiles


Maybe you don’t like the two power saving choices Windows gives you. Maybe you want to

create custom ones to suit your own needs. You can do that! I created one for “Long Plane


Rides.?I adjusted the settings in the Power Options Properties box. For instance, I indicated I


wanted my monitor to turn off after only 2 minutes of idle time, and my hard disks after 3


minutes. Then I clicked on Save As, named my profile, and clicked OK. Now maybe the battery


will last even longer on the flight.


Let’s go through some other choices in the Power Options Properties box. Under the Alarm


tab, you can check boxes to either be alerted when your battery is low and/or when your


battery is critical. You can even use the slider to make your own determination of just what is


low and what is critical. Then you can click on Alarm Action to tell your computer to, for instance,


sound an alarm or go into Standby mode when those moments are reached.


Under the Advanced tab, you can choose what you want your laptop to do when you close the lid.


You can choose it to go into Standby mode, Hibernation, or even do nothing if you wish. You can


also choose what you’d like the computer to do when you hit the power button.


If you’re interested in using your laptop’s Hibernation feature you should check the box


under the Hibernation tab that says Enable Hibernation.



the article source:http://article.websitecn.com/html/article-6/512.html

No comments:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories